Kiran Merchant spent decades as a consultant to the aviation industry, so when a boss refused to grant him an $8,000 raise, he decided to leave his employer to start his own aviation consulting firm. Eighteen months later, he sold Merchant Aviation to Aeroport de Paris, one of the largest aviation companies in the world, for a high single-digit multiple of EBITDA. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Attract senior-level employees for pennies on the dollar.
- Make your company appear much bigger than it really is.
- Separate yourself from your company when your surname is on the door.
- Avoid an earn-out.
- Block partners from stealing your customers.
- Rebut a lowball offer.
- Outperform industry average multiples.
- Explain your decision to sell to your customers.
Now go forth.
We’d love to hear from you.
WHY A TAMARISK TREE? Each week, we (figuratively) come together under the canopy of a Tamarisk tree – a spreading desert tree. To read about the significance of the Tamarisk tree, please click here.